Saturday, November 24, 2012

Worn

I am so tired. And not just the sleep-deprived kind. I'm tired of being busy and anxious. I'm tired of putting my trust in things and people that ultimately cannot be there for me, simply because its not in their nature. I'm tired of sin. I'm tired of living my life aimlessly, vaguely trying to do whatever I can to get to heaven and doing whatever I can to please God. I'm tired of failing at it. 

But, as usual, God has amazing timing. Advent is coming up, right around the corner, and that's exactly what I need. Advent is a penitential season, even though most people don't treat it like it is. Advent is a time to prepare for Jesus, the one who came to give new life to a tired world. I am going to use this Advent the way it is intended to be used, as a time to get rid of the things in life that weigh us down and make us tired, to make room for the Savior of the world and the giver of life to come into our souls and transform us. Because Christians ultimately aren't called to be worn, but to live a life full of light in the Holy Spirit.

Fiat lux!





No comments:

Post a Comment