Sunday, March 11, 2012

Healthy Breakfast!

Long time no post! I thought I would start posting simple and healthy meal/snack ideas. I love baking but I wouldn't be treating my body very well if all I ate was cookie dough and sugar now would I? :) I hope you find these posts helpful and informative. I do not claim to know too much about nutrition but I'm trying to learn more and find it all very interesting.


Cinnamon Apple Sandwich/Wrap.
- 1 apple ( contains fiber and since a medium sized apple is about a cup of fruit it helps get in your daily recommended dose. Apples are also very filling not to mention tasty:) )
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter ( although it is high in fat that's not all bad;peanut butter contains healthy fats which help promote "good" cholesterol among other things. Also, it contains protein, vitamin E, vitamin B3, iron, magnesium, potassium, copper and calcium.)
- 1 wrap / bagel / whatever type of bread you'd like ( I don't always choose whole wheat bread but the main benefit is that it takes longer to digest, keeping you full longer and helping with weight management.)
- cinnamon ( actually a great source of manganese, iron, fiber and calcium. And I mean, it tastes awesome too! )

No comments:

Post a Comment