Monday, April 23, 2012

"I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?"
-John 3:12

Our faith tells us a lot about earthly things that we struggle to believe. For instance, some girls don't believe it when they're told that they're beautiful merely because they are a child of God and He made them in His image because they're too caught up in how society sees them. Another example is when someone annoys us, we're really stressed out, or are disappointed, we get caught up in the little details and get angry. We forget that everything is part of God's plan for us.  
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

So basically, we lose trust in God pretty often even over the littlest things. This is really dangerous and we need to try our hardest to stay away from it, because, if we don't, we can start to lose trust about the big things. All of our fretting about the little things that go wrong might lead us to get angry at God or to lose trust in His love. 

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. This school year has been really rough and stressful for me, and it's been hard to trust God about all the little things that go wrong. Earlier today, I started to get really frustrated during one of my classes, but I stopped myself before I got too caught up in my frustration. I could feel myself getting angry, and I knew that if I didn't stop right then, I would be like that for the rest of the day. So, instead of focusing on the negatives, I made a list of "simple joys." This list included Phineas and Ferb fruit snacks, Frosted Flakes, food (I was really hungry),  and even things like being able to talk and laugh. It really helped me to put everything back into perspective and realize that even when things seem to be going wrong, to God they're going really right. 




2 comments: