Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Spinach and Almond Omelette/Scrambled Eggs

Hi guys! So I've been really into making spinach and eggs lately. I wanted to add something else, saw the almonds and... this happened.

Ingredients:
- spinach
- almonds
- olive oil
- salt
-eggs


Directions:
1. Get the water out of your spinach! I was using frozen spinach that I had already cooked; once cooked spinach holds in a lot of water and that's not gonna work for cooking into eggs so I like to double up a paper towel, spoon in some spinach and squeeze. I usually do it a second time in another paper towel just for good measure.


2. Mash up your almonds! I used 1 serving ( a.k.a 1 oz. a.k.a about 28 almonds). I put the almonds in a plastic sandwich bag, placed that bag in another bag, placed the bagged almonds into a mortar and smashed with a pestle until most of them were in tiny bits. Some almonds remained whole but...it's all gooodddd. :D


3. Put the spinach and almonds in a bowl [or measuring cup] with a little bit of olive oil and some salt and stir so they are all mixed together.

4. Now while you are doing all this you can have you skillet heating up at a low heat so that by the time you're at this step you can just throw it all in. I just put this mixture into a hot skillet to let everything heat up (since my spinach is cold from being stored in the fridge). This really only takes a few mins.
spinach&almonds

5.  Transfer out of the skillet to a separate bowl.

6. Get your eggs ready. I used 3 egg whites so I cracked the eggs and separated the white from the yolk. I put the whites into my measuring cup with a bit of salt and whisked a tiny tiny bit.

7. This was going to be an omelette but I have yet to master that skill :/ so these are gonna be scrambled eggs. Once your eggs start to cook, toss in your spinach&almond mixture and finish cooking your eggs.

8. Put in a bowl, add desired amount of salt, eat and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment